If you’re a felon, you might think that your truck driving days are behind you. But that’s not necessarily the case! There are plenty of trucking companies out there who are willing to give felons a second chance.
Table of Contents
How to get a second chance truck driving job: The felon’s guide
If you’re willing to put in the work, getting a second chance truck driving job is definitely possible. Just remember to stay safe on the road and be honest about your past. With a little bit of patience, you’ll be back behind the wheel in no time.
How to stay safe when you’re on the road for weeks at a time
Driving long haul can be tough, both mentally and physically. It’s important to take care of yourself while you’re on the road, or you could end up in an accident. Here are a few tips to help you stay safe:
– Get plenty of rest. It can be tempting to push yourself when you’re trying to make time, but it’s not worth the risk. If you’re tired, pull over and take a nap.
– Eat healthy meals. It’s easy to eat unhealthy when you’re on the road, but it’s important to fuel your body with healthy food.
– Stay hydrated. It’s easy to get dehydrated when you’re driving, so make sure you’re drinking plenty of water.
– Take breaks. When you’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed, take a few minutes to yourself to relax.
If you’re driving long haul, it’s important to take care of yourself. Get plenty of rest, eat healthy meals, and drink plenty of water. And if you’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed, take a break. Just remember, safety is always the top priority.
How much do truck drivers make?
Truck drivers can make a pretty good living. In fact, the median salary for truck drivers is $41,340 per year. And the top 10% of earners make more than $73,000 per year. Of course, how much you make will depend on a variety of factors, including your experience and where you’re driving.
Where find truck driving jobs?
There are a few different places you can look for truck driving jobs. Here are a few of the most popular:
– Online job boards: These are a great place to start your search. Just make sure you’re only applying to jobs that are felon-friendly. For example, you can search for truck driving jobs on websites like Indeed or CareerBuilder.
– Trucking companies: You can also apply directly to trucking companies. Many of them have their own websites that you can use to apply for jobs.
– Classified ads: You might be able to find truck driving jobs in your local classifieds. Just make sure you’re careful when responding to any ads, as there are a lot of scams out there.
– Recruiters: There are plenty of trucking recruiters out there who can help you find a job. Just make sure you’re only working with reputable companies.
When you’re looking for truck driving jobs, there are a few different places you can look. Online job boards, trucking companies, classified ads, and recruiters are all great sources for jobs.
If you’re looking for a second chance truck driving job, the key is to be honest about your past, stay safe on the road, and be patient. Whether you’re searching online or talking to recruiters, there are plenty of opportunities out there for felon-friendly jobs. So if you’re ready to hit the open road again, don’t give up! With a little perseverance and determination, you’ll find the perfect job in no time. Good luck!